Subject: Re: [Leica] Jahre Anniversary
From: "John R. Fulton Jr." <JRFjr@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 10:58:04 -0600

Hi Jeffrey---
Don't hold me to the years or prices (that's a great disclaimer, huh?).
Around 1976 I bought a new black chrome M4.  I remember it being
$550 to 600. Very soon after I purchased it, the same store (Mark's
Photo in Grand Rapids, Mich.) got two new 50-Jahre M4s. They were
consecutive serial numbers and I believe they were around. $650 each.
I thought about buying them but that was a lot of money and what the
heck I had a new M4. They were a bit more than the M4 but not
significantly so. Fifty to a hundred dollars US, max.
The only difference was the imprint, as I remember. Jahre is year in
German. As in 50-year.
Best,
John Fulton
Fort Worth