Subject: Re: [Leica] The null in the lull 1914 long
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 17:29:36 -0800

><Snip>
> I believe the second prototype UR-Leica went to the US with Ernst Leitz II
> in 1914.  I don't recall that Oscar went with him -- we have pictures he
> took late that summer, while the Boss's Son was in Amurca, as they call it
> in Oregon.  To my relatively certain knowledge, Oscar never left Germany.
> A true native son, as Mark Rabiner might have said.
>
> Marc

I don't know Marc I've just got this first article in the 15th Edition
of the Leica Manual:
the first article of which is called
Oskar Barnack and the Development of the Leica
by Theo Kisselbach and translated by Rolf Fricke

OK on reading it closely it says Ernst Leitz II took the trip to the
U.S.A. but there is really no specific mention of Barnack going with him
and that is what i mistakenly inferred.
It used to be i could read something and know what it said.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com

Message from Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net> (Re: [Leica] The null in the lull 1914 long)