Subject: Re: [Leica] Our own bag
From: Pablo Kolodny <pablokolodny@mac.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 10:14:45 -0800

>> and BALUG, for the Buenos Aires LUG...
>> Of course some pros: BALUG meeting is simply when I want, I show myself my
>> own Leica gear, I sit in front of any mirror and chat about my problems re
>> Leica and other stuff... very funny until my wife asks me what I am doing.
>> It's really hard to believe I'm at a meeting.
>> One of the worst of the cons I find is that reverse looking at the mirror...
>> I have to move my left hand in the case I like to see me moving my right
>> hand and so on... It seems I'll be setting some pentaprism to fix this big
>> issue.
>>

> There is a solution to the problem - other than a LOT of medication.:-)
> In this year's Neiman Marcus Xmas catalogue they are featuring a
> right-way mirror - for $300 you can look in a mirror and "see yourself
> as others see you." Hey, come on, what's $300 for that privilege? ;-)
>
> B. D.

BD,

I wish I have those 300 bucks.
My medication budget is over 1k... and worst yet, in Argentina thanks to our
debt we can't get more than $ 250.- per week from ATMs. Not too many mirror
shops operate with credit cards, yet. Maybe we can pay via a cheque but
amount is taxable by 3%.
Maybe I have to sell all my Nikon gear for the $ 300.- mirror thing or just
a Leica cap plus a screw coming off of a Noctilux...
By the way, how could I contact that Mr. Neiman Marcus Xmas ?

PK

Replies: Reply from Dennis Painter <dennis@hale-pohaku.com> (Re: [Leica] Our own bag)