Subject: Re: [Leica] shade
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 20:30:17 +0000

At 07:54 PM 12/17/01 EST, SthRosner@aol.com wrote:

>Let's cut the cr-p marc. Cosina bought and owns the rights to the
Voigtlander
>name. There are indeed Voigtlander cameras and lenses.

Someday, Seth, just once, you will be right about something.  But, by then,
no one will believe it.  Your propensity for getting even the simplest
things wrong is rather sad, don't you think?  Why not give it a rest?

Cosina licenses the rights to the Voigtländer name.  They did not buy the
name, they do not own the name.  They have a limited right to put the name
on the lenses.

Naming the lenses such does not make them Voigtländer lenses.  They are
Cosina lenses bearing the Voigtländer badge.

Call a spade a spade.  Strikes me a lens conceived, designed, and built by
Cosina is a Cosina lens.

Now, Seth, kindly put a sock in it.  The fellow asked about a shade for a
Jupiter-3, which I answered.  I was helpful, something you seem to have
difficulty achieving.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!