Subject: Re: [Leica] shade
From: SthRosner@aol.com
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 19:54:37 EST

In a message dated 12/17/01 7:00:18 PM Eastern Standard Time, feli@d2.com
writes:

> >Marc James Small wrote:
>  >
>  > Again, there are no "current" Voigtländer lenses:  the last such were
>  > produced around 1977.  There are, of course, current Cosina lenses.

Let's cut the cr-p marc. Cosina bought and owns the rights to the Voigtlander
name. There are indeed Voigtlander cameras and lenses.

Leica AG bought and owns the rights to the Leica name, at least for the term
of the 99 years license I understand it received from Wild/Leitz, first
through Ernst Leitz Wetzlar GmbH and then through Leica Camera GmbH.

Of course there is a difference. Leica AG also inherited all of the camera
and optical patents, technology, tradecraft and know-how of the old Leitz
Company.

One could as easily say there hasn't been a Contax manufactured since what?
the 1960s? Or do you actually say that?

What rubbish.

Seth           LaK 9