Subject: Re: [Leica] Reviews on NEW Winder for M6...& Rapidwinder...?
From: John Straus <Mail@SlideOne.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 10:35:48 -0600

on 12/18/01 9:06 AM, Peter Brock at p.j.brock@worldnet.att.net wrote:

> I have winders on both of my M6's and love them.  Among other things, the
> design of the motor provides a great handle.  I have heard that some people
> still think the motor is loud, but it can always be turned off so the camera
> can be wound manually.  Anyway, I think the new motors are great.

Thanks Peter. I think I'm going to need some type of winding device since
I'm use to shooting with an SLR with built in winder. I am also considering
a Rapidwinder although it's a manual advance I like the idea that it's
quiet. The main focus in a winder for me is to be able to keep my eye in the
viewfinder and my finger on the shutter not for speed. I use to be a right
eye shooter but have a slight astigmatism so switched to my left eye years
ago. Now I think I'm stuck there :) this also causes me to move the camera
that has a manual film advance lever to wind past my cheek.
- --
John
Chicago, IL
http://SlideOne.com