Subject: [Leica] Re: NOCTILUX-M f/1/50 mm
From: Jeff Moore <jbm@oven.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 13:48:18 -0500

2001-12-18-09:25:05 Tina Manley:
> M's are just not the best tool for close focusing anyway.  You have to
> worry about parallax and framing.  Get an R6.2 or R8 and use the wonderful
> 100 or 60 Macro lenses if you want to get closer than a meter.

...just not in the dark.  I've been using Ms so steadily for the last
10 years or so, I've gotten used to the notion that I should be able
to focus precisely in hardly any light.  Recently, I've kind of been
forcing myself to use an R some, because I don't want to be in a rut.
(And it's helpful to see what the lens is actually doing to the image
when things get wide, and the 19/2.8 is just awe-inspiring.)  So I
casually took an R8 and the 19 to a moodily-lit indoor event I
would've ordinarily taken an M to... had absolutely no clue where I
was focusing.  Damn.

Replies: Reply from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> ([Leica] WAS: NOCTILUX-M f/1/50 mmNOW. FOCUS WIDES ON R!)
Message from SthRosner@aol.com (Re: [Leica] NOCTILUX-M f/1/50 mm)
Message from "John R. Fulton Jr." <JRFjr@compuserve.com> (Re: [Leica] NOCTILUX-M f/1/50 mm)