Subject: Re: [Leica] New M6 Titanium
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 15:17:13 -0800

><Snip>
> there has been a recent posting spelling out in detail the different finish
> of the Titanium M6. This, plus the fact that production is limited, will
> make it "special" and appeal to the taste of many people.><Snip>
> Pascal

To me the key word is "finish."

I suggest we don't refer to it at all as the M6 Titanium camera
but refer to it specifically as the M6 Titanium Finish camera! (Made in Finland)

Olympus or Nikon Ti cameras really make use of Titanium for it's
qualities to build the camera.
There are components made of Titanium in there!!!  Making the camera
lighter and stronger.
But with Leica it's a bit of a let down because it's just paint.
Really good paint mind you. A sophisticated process. A finish.

But paint by any other name...  (whatever that means)

I love brass by the way and I don't care much what they coat it with.

Flat dull easy cheap military grey would be just fine with me!
Put me down for one of those!

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com