Subject: Re: [Leica] Dilemma
From: "Gerry Walden" <gwpix@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 07:12:46 +0000

Get the R8 because you will love it. It really is an incredible camera
despite what some have said, and I certainly have never regretted for one
moment buying mine. But getting rid of the M3, now that is another question!
I have an M3 SS which just sits on a shelf and gazes on the world in
retirement, but it still gazes on the world. I should explain that I use an
M4 and M6, but the M3 is still there. It is a crafted tool that feels great
in the hands and is a classic of design (in my opinion). Every now and then
I take it down and fire the shutter a few times just to keep the shutter
working well. I know that when the time comes for me to depart to other
pastures, then the camera will be there as a memory of me and my work. It
will outlive me long after film is dead. No, keep the M3 if there is any way
that you can possibly afford it. Mine is one of the very few treasures in my
life.

Gerry
www.gwpics.com