Subject: Re: [Leica] if it lives under a bridge it's probably a .....
From: Paul Chefurka <paul@chefurka.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 14:11:34 -0500

On Thu, 20 Dec 2001 13:32:20 -0500, "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com> wrote:

>Marc
>Correct me if I stray off course, but I thought I read that Victor
>Hasselblad was actually an ornithologist, and he specifically designed the
>camera to photograph birds in the manner he wanted. I always thought that
>the reason the camera was such a success, was because it was designed by a
>USER and not by an engineer with some vague notion of what a photographer
>needs (shades of the Edsel!).
>It could be why the Leica, as well as the Hassie have been such a success!
>Dan

Explains Doug Herr's images too, 'yask me.  Telyt my butt - he's obviously
a closet Hasselblad freak - a 555 ELD with a 500/8.0 APO TeleTessar and a
shoulder stock would be my guess...

Paul
http://www.chefurka.com

Message from Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net> (Re: [Leica] if it lives under a bridge it's probably a .....)