Subject: [Leica] Re: Who'd be a PJ in these troubled times?
From: "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 04:53:55 -0600

Kyle:

>you know, of course, were he an american journalist being held in, oh, say
>angola, we'd be pretty upset.
>perhaps the u.k. could start a marmite boycott until this is resolved....

And if one of our computer experts went to a conference in Russia, where he
was accused of breaking Russian law while in the United States, we'd be
pretty upset, too.  Of course, we (the US) just did that.  Some guy's
employer (based in Russia) developed a program that we deemed illegal.  So
we held one of the programmers hostage.  Niiiiice.  We don't have to play by
any rules, let alone our own.

But...I can understand if somebody violates our law on our turf, he should
be held just as accountable for his actions as anybody else violating that
same law.

Eric