Subject: [Leica] Re: Who'd be a PJ in these troubled times?
From: "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 17:38:04 -0600

B.D.:

>This one, folks, may have more to do with a freelance photographer's
>failing to think before he took a job, than it does with suppression of
>freedom of the press.

Even if he were an independent photographer, I'm not sure freedom of the
press is the same as freedom to ignore the laws.  If he were trespassing,
then what's wrong with prosecuting him for that?

I see to recall a case not too long ago where a journalist was arrested for
dealing in kiddie porn.  He was trying to go undercover and get a story.  I
don't remember what happened in that case.

Eric