Subject: [Leica] Re: M6 nirvana
From: Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 21:18:56 -0800

At 3:31 PM -0800 12/21/01, Jim Brick wrote:
>>RHaigh5748@aol.com wrote:
>>>
>>>  The second happiest day is that day you get that brand new M6, but the
>>>  happiest day is after you learn and and get that M3 or M2.
>>>  Bob
>>>  --
>

>I had an M2 and was happy.
>
>Then I bought an M6. I was even happier.
>
>I then sold the M2 and bought another M6. Now I'm r-e-a-l-l-y happy.
>
>Then I bought a friends minty M3 with lenses and Viso's and all
>kinds of stuff. The M3 just sits here most of the time. Maybe I
>should sell it.
>
>Using the M6's is the best! Easy to load, frame lines for
>everything, RapidWinder, meter. Nirvana.
>
>Jim

Exactly. Why make things more difficult than they have to be. The M6
loads faster, and if you want to check the exposure, it's there for
you to do. Also possible to put on your 35 and see what you're doing.

My only M camera without a meter is an M4 that I bought new about 30
years ago and is now relegated to IR work, which is intrinsically
meterless and guesstimate.

If I'm using a camera without a meter, fine, I'll do it with an
external or by guessing if I've forgotten my meter or some other dumb
thing, but even with my 4x5's I'll use a Sinarsix and meter as much
as I can.

Under known conditions I'm pretty accurate, but I'm not 1/3 stop
accurate, and sometimes 1/3 stop accurate is better.

A roll of pictures taken with a Ricoh GR1 that's on auto exposure is
on the whole easier to print than a roll taken with a meterless
camera where the exposure is guesstimated.

- --
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
  /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com