Subject: [Leica] [OT] Frugal for PAW...
From: John Straus <Mail@SlideOne.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2001 02:18:01 -0600

It's almost Ho, ho, ho time and PAW 2002 is right around the corner. I hope
to embark on this mission and have as much success through the year as
others have, if nothing else learn from the experience.

The question I have is what are some good ways of shooting a roll a week but
not spending a lot of $$ doing so? My normal methods are shoot slides or
print film and go to a ProLab for Dip&Dunk. That is just not going to be
economical for me to do that @ $9 or $17 per roll.

Sooo I was thinking of going back to some B&W neg film and do the processing
myself. It would save some $$ (I think) and I could look at the film a lot
faster (same eve) instead of taking it to a lab and wait 3 days. I can set
something up to at least process the negs but I still need a proof sheet. I
have a slide scanner but the thought of proofing a few frames at a time
feeding in and out doesn't seem like the best way, or is it? I was thinking
of getting a cheap $100 flatbed to do the proofing on and I could use it
anytime I didn't want prints made for the color neg film I shoot. How do you
guys do it? Any thoughts or ideas appreciated!

- --
John
Chicago, IL
http://SlideOne.com