Subject: RE: [Leica] re: frugal plug
From: "Jeffery Smith" <jsmith45@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2001 08:45:59 -0600

> Unfortunately old buddy this has to go back to your court for the answer.
> But before I'd sell the Leica, I'd cut back on food and other good things
> and buy film! :-) And I'm serious about that one, it's not tongue
> in cheek.

LOL, but that is the truth! It isn't long before folks in this group are
thinking about how they might afford something Leica if they skip breakfast,
Starbuck's coffee, cable tv....

For me, I am less willing to part with the few hours I'm not working each
day, so I allow someone else to do the wet part of the darkroom work. Then I
scan and do the rest. And during the long scans and prints, I read.

John, one other way to shave a few dollars off costs:  check B&H for
shortdated or outdated film. If it is slow film, it should be fine. I see
Fuji Velvia there from time to time available as short-dated.

Jeffery Smith
New Orleans, LA