Subject: RE: [Leica] OT: brad's horrid adventure with paypal
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2001 21:40:54 -0500

> austin:
>
> > Are you trying to tell me that even though PayPal APPROVED the
> > transaction,
> > they aren't going to give you the money?  I don't believe that's legal.
> > It's not YOUR responsibility to verify the authentication of the credit
> > card, THEY are.  Did you ship to a "verified" address?
>
> unfortunately, i did not ship toa verified address.  the dude to duped
> me wanted it shipped to a third party, "as it was a gift."  i just got
> suckered.
>
> i'm going to put up a fight to get the sale insured by paypal, as i did
> meet most of the requirements for insurance, but i don't have high hopes.
>
> --
> brad daly

Hi Brad,

Was this an eBay transaction?  I STILL believe no matter what the fine print
says, if they told you payment was good, that is a binding contract, and I
believe you have legal grounds for a small claims suit.  If you were in MA,
I could tell you how to go about it...

Regards, and very sorry to hear about this!

Austin