Subject: Re: [Leica] re: frugal plug
From: "Roland Smith" <roland@dnai.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2001 21:49:38 -0800

Hello Slobodan:

Your comments remind me of the late 1950s when I purchased supplies from
Hollywood Camera on Sunset near vine.

I purchased studio short ends of 35mm Plus X in odd length rolls for a cent
and a half a foot. It was frozen out of date film and worked very well.

They carried 400 foot photographic paper 9.5 inches wide for a very cheap
price.   With the help of a paper cutter, I printed 8X9.5 inch prints.

I would go to Drewry Photocolor in Glendale and obtain reloadable Ansco and
Ektachrome cassettes by the bucket load from their scrap pile.

I was in College in Eagle Rock, Occidental College, and did not have much
money to support my hobby.   I did sell pictures to the school newspaper and
the annual. which helped.

Do you know what ever happened to Hollywood Camera?  It was a most
interesting store.

Roland Smith
Oakland, California