Subject: [Leica] Marmite
From: "godard@hotmail.com" <godard@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 02:25:02 +1300

Dan wrote:

> Is Vegemite pronounced the same as Yosemite?
>
> dan c.

Well, it kind of depends on the quality of the christmas cheer you've been
having on the day, but most use VEGIE-MIGHT.

I wonder if Adams thought about this when he was developing the zone system:
Zones 1-Vegemite (the blackest of the black).

Cheers and Merry Xmas,
Gary
(holding his head from too much cheer yesterday)

>>>  Shame on you, Kyle, Marmite is a New Zealand condiment and no one, and I
>>>  mean no one, with the exception of New Zealanders seem to like it.
>>
>> Sorry, but it's a UK condiment borrowed by he Kiwis because they can't stand
>> that disgusting Vegemite stuff the Aussies put out...
>>
>> tim a
>> ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
>>
>> That's quite enough Vegemite bashing. Vegemite is a "unique product
>> which clearly my spell-checker has not run across ;-) Being breakfast
>> time, I think I'll spread some on sour-dough -- very 2000ish.

"The difficulty now is that unexceptional adults believe the loss of
youthful dreaming is itself "growing up," as though adulthood were the
passive conclusion to a doomed activity and hope during adolescence."

                                            The Uses of Disorder
                                      Personal Identity and City Life
                                            -- Richard Sennett

OO