Subject: Re: [Leica] Vuescan and Nikon's Scan 3.1
From: "Rob Appleby" <rob@robertappleby.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 10:16:10 +0100

Has anyone installed both Vuescan and Nikon Scan 3.1 on the same PC at
the same time to compare them?

Did this result in any conflicts or problems?

Regards,

Greg J. Lorenzo
Calgary, Alberta

Greg

I have used both, maybe not both at the same time, and my advice is totally
forget about the Nikon Scan. I've just been scanning a few hundred
slides/negatives for a couple of books using the latest vuescan download and
the infrared clean, colour fidelity and ability to do away with colour casts
due to wierd lighting, auto cropping and all other features are in a
completely different league. It seems that every new release is a quantum
leap over the previous ones. Truly astounding results. So much so that my
wife, who is a stickler for using gels and filters with flash and artificial
lighting, has decided to forget about it for her next project.

I can't praise this software highly enough. At $40 the best value
photographic equipment you can buy.

- -- Rob

http://www.robertappleby.com
Mobile (Italy) 348 336 7990