Subject: [Leica] Re: Slightly OT: Nikon LS4000 and Mac OS X 10.1 ?
From: Rolfe Tessem <rolfe@ldp.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 09:05:06 -0500

> Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2001 19:50:12 -0800
> From: Brian Reid <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
> Subject: [Leica] Slightly OT: Nikon LS4000 and Mac OS X 10.1 ?
> So is anybody else out there trying to use an LS 4000 with Nikon Scan 3.1
> on a Macintosh G4 with OS X 10.1?
>
> I'm having a dickens of a time. I have sort of managed to get it to work
> if I boot it into OS 9.2, but the darn thing just won't run under Classic
> (it can't find the scanner).
>
> Are any of the aftermarket scanning programs (Vuescan, Silverscan, ...?)
> native OS X?

It works fine for me under OS9.2, but forget OS X for now. I believe
there is a 3.1.x version on the Nikontech web site now but I think it
mainly addresses Windows bugs.

The good news is that there is a native OS X version of Vuescan
available which works very well. In fact, some things work better than
Nikon Scan although the user interface is a little lacking in amenities.

Try http://www.hamrick.com

BTW, is there any way to "undigestify" the list the way I used to do
when reading email from within Emacs? (I'm using Netscape 6.2 now).

Rolfe Tessem