Subject: Re: [Leica] Not really OT: Push & pull of neg film
From: John Straus <Mail@SlideOne.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 21:34:54 -0600

on 12/27/01 3:59 PM, Jeffery Smith at jsmith45@bellsouth.net wrote:

> I have no idea how to even use an unsharp mask. Jasc software gives you 3
> parameters that mean nothing to me: (1) radius, (2) strength, and (3)
> clipping. What on earth do these mean, and what would be a reasonable
> setting for them?

No help file?? If I had to guess. Radius=what size you want your edge to be
.6-1.2 in PS, Strength=how much sharpening effect you want 50-80 for web in
PS, & Clipping=how smooth do you want to keep your photo (not sharpening ea
pixel) 1-5 (smoothest) is normal for PS. I wouldn't trust me on this one
though since I have no idea how to use that software.

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com> (Re: [Leica] Not really OT: Push & pull of neg film)