Subject: Re: [Leica] wk52/sl
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 21:04:30 -0500

> i like 'em both (assuming they're both handheld :-) ).

Yes both handheld, I do not own a tripod.

> i would have adjusted the DMAX darker somewhat, since it looks
> a little "grey" to these eyes, but maybe it's an artifact of
> scanning prints.
>
> were these people in street clothes outside on a roof?
> doesn't it get cold in DC?

Top floor terrace of the Hotel Washington overlooking the White House. The
winters in DC are pretty moderate. About 10 degrees warmer than New York
which is 300 miles north. Also the weather around here benefits from the
warming influence of the Gulf Stream, (about 200 miles east).

> i am repeatedly amazed at the ability of delta 3200 to provide detail
> seemingly smaller than and tonality smoother than would be suggested by the
> grain, even when pushed.

My first time using it and plan on trying it some more.

> i really liked "the gang of five."  excellent.  5 bodies for
> 6 lenses.  wild.
>
> and obviously you needed ANOTHER camera to make the photo!

yes, Nikon F3hp with SB28.

> have a great new year!
>
> -rei

Thank you rei and the best to you in '02.

sl