Subject: Re: [Leica] wk52/sl
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 22:33:48 -0500

> Steve LeHuray wrote:
>
> "what amazes me is the detail picked up by the new Summicron 28/2.0 which
> might be the best lens currently in the Leica stable"

David Morton says:

> So good that it's on back order here in the UK. Mine's due in two weeks,
> apparently.

I ordered mine here in the US as soon as they were announced, last October
(2000) I think, finally took delivery in March. This lens will, I predict,
replace both 35 asph's as the normal wide.

> Can I ask a question? When you use the 28 on your favourite M2, do you just
> frame with the edges of the finder? How easy and accurate is that?

With both my M2's I had the M4p rangefinder installed which gives the 6
frames. With my kind of photography I do not do any critical composition.
Most of the time it is; see the shot, let it develop, camera to eye, quick
focus, shoot. I pretty much do all my composition while waiting for the shot
to develop and before looking through the viewfinder. But to answer your
question, it is hard to see (I wear glasses) the 28 frame-line unless you
move your head around and then you have to look at one side then move head
slightly to see other side--not real great for street photography. Hope that
helps.

sl