Subject: Re: [Leica] pictures USING THE scanner LIGHT?
From: "Mārtiņš Zelmenis" <martin@lrpv.lv>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 17:36:34 +0200

Friends,

I'm not much of a picture scanner, but I was amazed at the way scanner
diminished some unnecessary dark shadows in some of my pics - scanned
directly from the negs. Is this a general rule? (this is a question to those
who do a lot of scanning).

Martin

Ray Moth wrote:
>>> That's *exactly* what I need to learn! I don't have a Noct but my 50
> Summilux comes close enough for me to take hand-held portraits indoors
> by window light. I was disappointed, recently, with results that
> clearly showed I was NOT photographing from an advantageous angle and I
> was NOT making good use of the light. My wife (the "victim" in this
> case) was disappointed too.<<<<<<<

Hi Ray,
Here ya go for the deal of a life time! ;-) A personal tutor so's to speak!
;-)

JPEG some of those images at 72, send them to me private and I'll do some
one on one direction for 2002 until you start to see it on your own! :-)
Somewhat similar as the critiques at the Leica Seminar.

As a photographer there isn't anything more meaningful to successful
photographs than being able to see light, be motivated by it, then use it to
your best advantage in creating interesting and dramatic photographs.

Sure lot's of photographers see light in volume for an exposure, however
many don't understand how to use it to their photographic advantage. Again
this is one of the main presentations through out the Leica Seminar, the use
of light and how it can make the difference between a photograph working and
being just another recorded piece of film.

So there you go my friend, Happy New Year! :-)
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant