Subject: Re: [Leica] surprise present
From: Rei Shinozuka <shino@ubspw.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 17:17:51 -0500 (EST)

> From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
>
> My wife just this minute gave me my birthday present a few weeks early

is this the big 51?  i'm sure she appreciated you opening up the gift
and immediately rushing to your computer to tell us the news! :-)

> which was lucky because i was just about to go out and get one. ...
> A 1.25 eyepiece magnifier.
> I hadn't anticipated it turning my viewfinder/ rangefinder into 1:1 like
> an M3.
> Keep both eyes open and you can see the image about the same.

this is literally true with an 0.85 and the 1.25 (becomes a 1.06)
and i think this is a dandy combo with the noct (if you don't wear
glasses) or the 75 lux or the 90 cron.

> But i may have to shell out another $225 to get another finder for my
> other body.

within 2 days of getting my first, i got another.
you can't eat just one.

- -rei