Subject: [Leica] surprise present
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 13:52:09 -0800

My wife just this minute gave me my birthday present a few weeks early
which was lucky because i was just about to go out and get one.
A 1.25 eyepiece magnifier. Perfect timing as i was going to go out today
and try to score one at CameraWorld.
I hadn't anticipated it turning my viewfinder/ rangefinder into 1:1 like
an M3.

Keep both eyes open and you can see the image about the same.

Both my bodies are .72 and I've been planing on getting a .58 early this year.

My 50 frameline no longer looks like a telephoto lens is being used.
It fills the finder optimally like the 35mm frame did.
And the 90 and 135 frames both poplar with me are now greatly enlarged.

We've had so many threads on the lug about how we wish Leica would
listen to us on these needs. A 1:1 finder highly desired and right up at
the top of the heap of desires wants and needs.

I do many shoots with a 90 on each of my two bodies. A current Elmarit
on one and an apo Asph Summicron on the other.
Ideally i thought I'd have someday .85 cameras for such shoots.
Leica just saved my about 4 grand USD.
But i may have to shell out another $225 to get another finder for my
other body.
Yep. Gotta have my matched set or i may go cross eyed.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com