Subject: [Leica] AW:WTB: #12524 lens shade (for 35/2 4th version)
From: Dieter.Schoenhofen@t-online.de (Dieter Schoenhofen)
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 18:52:42 +0100

John McLeod wrote::
I just bought back my "old" M-2.0/35 pre-ASPH (4th version) lens from Don
Lawrence and am looking for a matching lens shade (preferably in mint
condition).  The matching shade is inscribed "12524 M 2/35" on one side and
"Leica GMBH Germany" on the other.  I could be wrong, but doubt that Leica
sells this shade anymore and am not sure what it sold for when they did (so
I'm vulnerable to some shady shade dealings!).

John McLeod

Hi John.,
the shade for the Summicron-M 2/35 ASPH will fit the pre-Asph as well. The
Leica part number is 12526, list price in Germany is EUR 91.
It is the same form as the 12524, the  only difference is that the 2
'noses' to hold the cap 14043 are little bit longer on the 12526. So  the
cap stays more safely on this lens shade.
Kind regards
   Dieter Schoenhofen

Replies: Reply from D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg> (RE: [Leica] AW:WTB: #12524 lens shade (for 35/2 4th version))