Subject: Re: [Leica] was- Ansel Adams at 100- Now misc thoughts!
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 10:33:59 -0500

Thomas-
You reminded me of the time I wanted some 18% gray paint! I went to Home
Depot, and had the fellow use the color matching computer to read a Kodak
gray card. He then mixed up the paint, and when I checked it under a
densitometer at the lab, it read something like red- .69, green- .70, blue-
.70   !!
It was really close to the reading off the original gray card! I used it to
paint a largely gray backdrop on canvas, and it worked great!!
You mentioned the Powerpainter- I used a Craftsman airless sprayer, and
bought a cheap canvas drop cloth- it had a seam but for $19 I got a canvas
sheet 10'x12' which I stapled to a 12' length of closet rod, and hung from a
tree n the back yard- I had a beautiful canvas back drop in a half-hour! The
cost was less than $50 total, and if I get tired of it- I can re-paint it
anytime!!
Dan