Subject: [Leica] my SHOES -- 100% leica related absolutely ON TOPIC
From: "kyle cassidy" <kcassidy@asc.upenn.edu>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 15:46:22 -0800

some of you probably think "how can kyle's shoes be leica related?" but most
of you probably already know that i am just pickled leica energy, anything
that touches me is ON TOPIC. and in this case, my shoes. since a few of you
either:

    a) doubted the veracity of my acquisition
    b) begged to see the very rare size 12 bruno's
    c) told me to take it to alt.archery and stop bugging them

here's a photo of my bruno magli's, most likely worn by nicole brown
simpson's real killer, but absolutely 100% leica related:

    http://www.netaxs.com/~cassidy/bruno.jpg

which brings up an ethical question. you take a photograph of a celeberty
comitting a felony; a serious, extremely violent crime. a policeman
approaches you immediately afterwards and says "i noticed you got a photo of
that. if you publish it, it will be very problamatic for an ongoing
investigation and might destroy months of undercover police work. please
don't print it." but you know that PEOPLE magazine will pay through the nose
for the shot. considering that you're not on assignment for a magazine, you
just happened to catch the image on the way to the acme. later your
approached by the celeberty's publicist who says "we'd like very much for
that photograph never to be published. we're willing to pay you a fair
market price for the negative and your promise that it will never see the
light of day."

what do you do?

kc

Replies: Reply from "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com> ([Leica] Re: my SHOES -- 100% leica related absolutely ON TOPIC)