Subject: Re: [Leica] Tri-Elmar - a new thread (for a change)
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 14:02:56 -0800

Jeffery Smith wrote:

> Who out there has used the new version of the Tri-Elmar and has some images
> taken with it? As skeptical as folks have been re: this lens, it IS
> encouraging to think that one could get Leica quality at the 3 most popular
> focal lengths for the price of one Leica lens, and not have to switch (and
> carry) lenses.
>
> Jeffery Smith
> New Orleans, LA

To me it's a big slow optical compromise.

My progression was in the early 90's to stop using zooms but more of the
classic Nikon primes.
Then switching to Leica M.

Then Leica comes out with a slow optical compromise.
But now at least they have a DOF scale on it.

It's on the bottom of my list of current Leica lenses I'd ever get.
Although that list keeps getting smaller.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com