Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica breaking the rules.
From: "Edward Birch" <edwbirch@home.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 18:51:34 -0500

 B. D. Colen wrote....

> this very subject. I can't help wondering how the world of photography
> managed to exist prior to the later Leica SMs, and the Ms<snip>

Uh...remember the Korean War?  Many PJ's used Leica/Canon/Contax/Nikon
rangefinder camars during that three year war. The photo results may not be
in Newseum's book of Pulitzer photo's but 35mm was used in Korea.

Under combat conditions, in extreme cold weather......which would you rather
use?    A 35mm Rangefinder camera in your parka or a Speed Graphic?

Ed Birch.

Inchon Korea, 1958-59.