Subject: Re: [Leica] Whither Kodak RFS 3600
From: "Rob Appleby" <rob@robertappleby.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 01:10:36 +0100

Henning Wulff wrote:

> Just remember that the batch scanning on this thing works on uncut
> rolls of film; for mounted slides you need the Coolscan 2000 or 4000
> with their often flaky and expensive SF-200 batch attachment.

Hi Henning,

I have had my LS4000 up and running for a week or so and I had been
considering the SF-200 Slide attachment. What's the story on this unit?

For $500.00 US it should work perfectly.

Regards,

Greg

I've been using it for about 18 months (perhaps - can't remember) and never
had the slightest problem with it. Try scanning 800 slides over the weekend
without it! The essential scanner accessory. My time is far more than
expensive what this gizmo costs. If they did one that took 200 slides I'd
buy it.

(Pliny the Elder rant:) _And_ get Vuescan to go with it.

- -- Rob

http://www.robertappleby.com
Mobile (Italy) 348 336 7990

Replies: Reply from Andrew Schroter <schroter@optonline.net> (Re: [Leica] Whither Kodak RFS 3600)