Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: #190 A Flat Panel iMac
From: Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 11:23:42 -0800

At 11:59 AM -0500 12/31/01, Mike Durling wrote:
>I'll let you know about resolution.  It has to do with the number of pixels
>on the screen.  Greater or less resolution doesn't look good at all.
>
>There is no pixel burnout after two years.  We turn them off at night but
>otherwise don't use a screen saver.
>
>One disadvantage is that Windows NT, which our application uses, treats them
>as one big monitor.  So the dialog boxes split the two screens.  I think Win
>2000 does a better job but others may know for sure.

I usually use a two or three monitor Mac setup. Photoshop and
Vectorworks, my main programs, are a delight to use on multiple
monitors. The worst on is MS Exel, which still after all these years
doesn't understand multiple monitors. On older versions of Exel, you
couldn't drag the window across two monitors; later you could only
expand a window as wide as the resolution of the widest monitor. On
Office 2001, if you have saved a document across two monitors, and
then try to open it, it doesn't appear anywhere on either monitor.
You have to open a new document, click the expand button, then from
the window menu select the hidden document you want, and then resize
it manually across the two monitors again.

Arrrggghh! Microsoft!!!

- --
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design