Subject: Re: [Leica] Bokeh - proven myth ?
From: S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2002 21:01:47 -0800

With a Fuji lens, I'm not at all surprised. Their so-called EBC coating
is downright laughable. As I shoot down here in the land of perpetual
glare and sunlight, I normally overexpose and under develop my B/W, even
with flash fill. When I had a Fuji product some years back I constantly
grumbled at the image quality. I even borrowed other cameras from
friends and got the same results. The most aggravating one was flare
into my shadow areas from the adjacent highlights, never mind the color
fringing. The contrast was very brittle and the mid range was not on
pare with other current camera lenses.
  Slobodan Dimitrov