Subject: [Leica] 1st roll through new R8
From: "Aram Langhans" <alanghans@komoto.naches.wednet.edu>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 12:30:42 -0800

Well, back from "sunny" Southern Cal and I have the results of the first
roll I shot in all that "liquid sunshine" that day I got my camera.  While
they aren't all prize winners, I am so excited to have this camera I thought
I'd share a few.

At the Orange County Swap Meet (I think that is what it is called) the rain
came and went, and the vendors and buyers mostly went.  A few brave souls
found protection from the rain and shopped on until there was no place to
shop anymore.
http://168.212.133.189/wwwpages/lugphotos/rain%20in%20LA.jpg

I saw a shopper and his reflection and thought it was kind of cool.  OOPS!
Who's that in the left hand mirror????
http://168.212.133.189/wwwpages/lugphotos/mirror%20image.jpg

This one was a mistake (I'll admit it) in that I thought I was in one mode
and I was in another mode.  The shutter was longer than I thought.  My wife
was trying on a funny hair piece at the swap meet in the pouring rain and
she moved a bit more than I had anticipated.  I thought it was still kind of
neat.
http://168.212.133.189/wwwpages/lugphotos/Hair%20Motion.jpg

So on the way home that evening on the wet and wild freeway, I decided to
play with long exposures on purpose and take a shot through the windshield
(no, I was NOT driving) I set the camera for 2 seconds and just moved it in
circles.
http://168.212.133.189/wwwpages/lugphotos/Under_the_influece2.jpg

While I'm playing with light, I'll toss one more in.  It was actually taken
before I got my new camera, but is only a few weeks old.
http://168.212.133.189/wwwpages/lugphotos/multiple_flash%201.jpg

So, there are a few.  I also went to the Irvine Spectrum and got a few shots
there, but I didn't scan those.  It was a fun last day in LA with the rain
and my new camera.

Any comments are appreciated.

Aram

This message is made of 100% recycled electrons.  No new atoms were
destroyed in making this message.

Aram Langhans
Science Teacher
Naches High School