Subject: [Leica] summitar lens hood info?
From: George Hartzell <hartzell@kestrel.alerce.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 21:39:53 -0800

Hi,

I have a pair of Summitar (screw mount) on a pair of III's that I
saved from the floor of an estate sale warehouse.  They've been
rebuilt and are waiting to go out.

I found out about a collapsible lens hood for them and eventually
found one on ebay.  Today I saw a rigid hood labeled "Summitar" and it
looks a bit less complicated than the rigid hood.

Since I never saw a rigid summitar hood in my ebay wanderings, I
thought that before I ask what the selling price is, I should ask
around to see if they're rare, or common, or ....

Any info?

g.