Subject: Re: [Leica] Arne's PAW 1 for 2002
From: Arne Helme <Arne.Helme@stelvio.nl>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2002 16:03:06 +0100

Julian,

I usually rate the XP2 Super at EI250 to obtain fine grain both in the shadow
and highlight areas of the negative.  Only in low light situations I rate it
at EI400. XP2 Super is a nice compromise for someone like me who wants to do
both darkroom and digital printing.  I also like the tonality of this film a
lot.

BTW, all pictures were scanned with an LS-4000 using Vuescan to provide the
final output files.  I had some problems with the NPZ, though, and had to
tweak the red values a lot in order to remove a strong red cast.  It took more
efforts to get a decent scan from the NPZ than from Portra 800.  I may
therefore go for the Portra 800 again the the future.

- -- Arne

Replies: Reply from "Julian Koplen" <jkoplen@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] Arne's PAW 1 for 2002)