Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: If you had only one B&W film/developer combo, which would it be?
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2002 08:25:59 -0800

Rolfe Tessem wrote:

> > Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 11:40:47 -0600
> > From: "Jeffery L.Smith" <jsmith45@bellsouth.net>
> > Subject: [Leica] If you had only one B&W film/developer combo, which would it be?
> <snip>
> >
> > I would like to find one good predictable film and developer. If I were
> > to ask you for a recommendation for a B&W film and developer combination
> > with an E.I. Of 400 to 800 (+/- 200), what would you blurt out?
>
> Delta 400 in Xtol 1:1 in a Jobo.
>
> --

I shot Delta 400 al last year. Now they've changed it and I've not tried
the new version.
This year I'm going between Neopan 1600 to 100.
If i had to standardize I'd go out and buy a brick of the 400 which I'm
planning on doing soon anyway and just shoot that.
I don't' even have a time on it yet.
And run it in Xtol 1:3. I'd expect it too look almost as good as a 100
speed film; like Plus x or FP4 in D76 1:1.

But i expect to be stocking all three speeds of Neopan film this year;
100, 400, and 1600.
And using them at the speed indicated on the box by the way. 100, 400,
and 1600.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com