Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: [OT] Jobo CPE-2...
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 17:48:48 -0800

The issue is NOT the film, it is the developer exhaustion.... With Tmax RS,
I need about 35ml of concentrate per 8x10 or equivalent to be sure I do not
exhaust the developer......  Xtol will have a similar requirement ( a
minimum developer to stay away from exhaustion) as will D76, D23, or any
other joy juice you like.....  Some developers are more active, and require
less concentrate per roll... others are less so and require more
concentrate.. It depends....

Thye problem with the JOBO, and especially the CPE2 is that the motor is
only so strong.. and therefore the maximum chremistry per run is 600ml....
so the requirement for developer activity, dilution and maximum volume get
in the way of each other.... Bottom line is that you may, depending on the
specific developer and dilution you use, may be able to put only 1, 2, or 3
rolls of film through 1 run.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

Replies: Reply from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] Re: [OT] Jobo CPE-2...)