Subject: RE: [Leica] [OT] Jobo CPE-2...
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 19:24:40 -0800

I asked questions about the issue of water composition vs distilled/DI water
a while back on another forum.  The answers that came back from the chemists
in the group ( at least that is what THEY said they were) was that there are
chemicals that Kodak puts in the developer to make the product alkaline....
so that the developer would work.  Therefore water in Newark NJ ( Rei.. area
where I lived too) would come out the same as water from LA... when used as
developer....   I think they are generically called buffers.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

Replies: Reply from "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] [OT] water quality again.)