Subject: Re: [Leica] feb shutterbug
From: Andrew Schroter <schroter@optonline.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2002 22:01:29 -0800

The effect of advertising can be a single based on a single advertising
"event".  But many purchase decisions are made on the basis of perceptions
built up over time.  That is why many major corporations do a significant
part of their advertising, repeatedly over mass media such as television.
Drill it into customers' heads so that when the decision comes to buy a
vehicle, let's say, the perceptions are firmly planted in the customer's
mind.  It's the lifetime relationship with their customers that companies in
the automobile, telecommunications, banking, and retail industries are going
after.

What's the connection to Leica you say?  Well, I'm working on a photo
project, using a Leica of course, to photograph advertising icons in SOHO,
NYC.
Andy