Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Jobo CPE-2...
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2002 22:25:25 -0800

><Snip>
>
> John,
>
> This is not at all misleading on Jobo's part. If you use D76 stock or
> D76 1:1 for example, you will be well within the limits. Or for that
> matter, any of the C41 or E6 chemicals will work fine since with those
> chemicals you are generally trying to use the *minimum* necessary to
> develop the roll instead of playing with extreme Xtol dilutions.
>
> What you must appreciate is that it takes a certain amount of stock
> developer to develop a roll. You cannot dilute infinitely and still get
> an image on the film.
>
> Xtol, which we have been discussing, requires 100ml (per Kodak) of stock
> to develop a roll of 35mm film. If you dilute 1:3, that's 400ml of
> solution. If you  want to develop 4 rolls at that dilution the tank
> would have to hold 1600ml of solution, which it does not.
><Snip>
> --
> Rolfe Tessem
> rolfe@ldp.com
> NYC
>
> --
Rolfe I'd recommend instead of taking what you read as gospel and then
repeating it as such trying it out for your self.
The 100ml limit per roll of Xtol is only true for 2 films so far. TMX
and Delta 3200.
I an many other people have many negs to prove it. And prints and scans
from those negs.
Those negs are fine. Full bodied. Rich in nutrients.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com