Subject: Re: [Leica] [OT] Jobo CPE-2...
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2002 22:16:52 -0800

Rei Shinozuka wrote:

> mark, to me and many LUGers, you are the evangelist of xtol.
>
> but the kodak document on their website: J-109 September 2000 (unless
> superceded) does not qualify the 100ml rule for tmax:
><Snip>

I'm a big fan of the Anchell Troop book but I don't agree with
everything in it.

I've made hundreds of fully developed negs over a period of 34 months at
1:3 Delta 100 & 400 Tri X And Tri X pro 220, Plus X 220 Neopan 100 and
1600 at 62.5 mls per roll of Xtol or less. Some are over developed.
I don't do it to save money. That's the 5th consideration. I do it to
get the best results.

I'll ask Bill Troop about how he feels about those statements now.

I recall reading perhaps in the Kodak literature that Xtol could be
diluted even further than 1:3.

The image of running 1 or 2 rolls of 35mm film in the bottom in a full
metal liter 4 roll tank just gives me the giggles.
Does anyone really do that? Life's too short and in practice there's no
reason for it.

Kodak is constantly coming out with revised literature on Xtol.
Xtol is their final black and white chemical product.
They closed down the whole black and white lab now that Xtol has come out.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com

Replies: Reply from Brian Reid <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us> (Re: [Leica] [OT] Jobo CPE-2...)