Subject: Re: [Leica] PAW - Week 1
From: "Graham Battison" <Graham.Battison@btinternet.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2002 10:13:20 -0000

John Straus wrote:

http://SlideOne.com

Self Crit: I can only think of a few words for this shot. It's ok, fills the
frame, interesting angle. Would it be better if the woman was looking at me
through the mirror or would eye contact make any difference, better or
worse?

Stuff: M6, 28/2, Portra 400B&W, 1/60 @ f/4ish...

Now this is one shot that you can TELL has that Leica 'look' <rolleyes>
*For the record. No candy coated replies wanted. Even though I may cry I
gain nothing w/o creative criticism! Let me have it!

Okay John you asked for it! Um, um, it's er, a bloody good shot. Full of
interest, full tonal range, out of focus woman on right holds that side,
darker figure on the left holds the other. Womans downward glance takes the
eye back in from top right, which might be lost if she looked up for eye
contact.. Multi images pack it with interest. Here comes the candy coat,
rock solid sweet shot.

Graham