Subject: Re: [Leica] Forum etiquette
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2002 09:55:57 -0800

In the last years on the LUG when i see funny selling on the LUG i
always jump on it.
I don't notice to many others doing it.
Boy have i gotten hell off list from some of the sellers!

Picture this:
	there is a round table -
Ten photographers are sitting around it drinking espresso and single
malt talking about advanced Leica esthetics and which lens caps to use
in which situation and somebody walks over with a camera with a big
price tag hanging off the side of it and slaps it down on the table.
What needs to be done? What do we say?
Me i'd crack some off center joke.
I'd open up the camera and run my finger on the pressure plate.
I don't know why i do that, just a nervous habit. Like looking at a
horses teeth.
And make obscene jokes about the cameras heritage. That's all.
Commerce? Needs to take it's lowly place underneath not along side
civilized discourse.
The compulsive buyers and sellers should feel lucky we let them here at all!

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com