Subject: [Leica] Tele Elmarit revisisted
From: bampolsk@csc.com
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2002 09:11:55 -0500

In the 70s, I had a TeleElmarit which I traded for a Summicron 90.  The
Summmicron was a  beautiful lens, but a back breaker.  In short, I rarely
used it because it was simply too big and heavy.  In the 80s, I traded the
'cron for a new T-E.  I never really liked the T-E(don't know whether it
was fat or skinny).  Anyway, last year, I traded the T-E for a new
Elmarit-M 90 which I love.  True, it's bigger and heavier than the T-E...
but not that much bigger or that much heavier.  And, it is tack sharp.  I
love this lens.  So, I would say that unless someone needs the extra stop
offered by the Summicron, this lens is a first rate choice.

Brian

Brian Ampolsk
Sikorsky: 203.386.4012
Cell:         302.559.0990