Subject: Re: [Leica] Nice Alternative Camera Bags
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2002 15:13:31 -0800

On 1/6/02 at 3:54 PM, jbcollier@powersurfr.com (John Collier) thoughtfully
wrote:

> At last count I have ten bags from timbuk2 in various sizes and colours.
> Great bags and VERY tough.
>
> John Collier
>
> > From: warren allen <whatrix@home.com>
> >
> > Being dissafisfied with most camera bags I've found, Domkes being my
> > favorite but still not what I'd like, I tried a bag from these guys:
> > http://www.timbuk2.com/
> > I got the Pee-Wee messenger bag in waxed canvas. You can choose your colors
> > and materials and several options such as a divider which I got. Water proof
> > roomy and doesn't say camera here! Seems to hang better than a Domke Satchel
> > which I traded out of. The only drawback is the lack of padding but I've
> > found some inserts that work fine.
> > This is a small USA made company and the bags are top notch in
> > craftsmanship with a lifetime warranty.
> > Not a perfect camera bag but the best alternative I've found. I'm gonna
> > lobby them to make a camera insert/custom option.

I concur - these are SUPER bags. They have this wonderful strap that helps keep
the bag in position which I have wished that Domke had.

I'd love to know what inserts seem to work best with it. Just what I need:
another camera bag. My wife gives me endless grief that now I have more camera
bags than she has purses.

I think the web site uses Flash about as well as it could be used to help design
the bag.

Adam Bridge

Replies: Reply from Arie <ariek@pacbell.net> (Re: [Leica] Nice Alternative Camera Bags)