Subject: [none]
From: William Ravenel <wmrav@triad.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 18:57:50 -0500

After months of silent non-participation, I've decided to give the
PAW a shot. I bought an M6 TTL and 35/2 last fall. I love the camera
but am ashamed of the small number of rolls that have passed through
it. I bought the camera to use, not to fondle and so I thought the
PAW discipline might be the answer. The page with first week's photo
is at http://home.triad.rr.com/wrphotos.  All comments and criticism
are welcome.

This is the third roll of B&W I've processed since buying the camera
(I had played with processing a bit 15 years ago). The first roll was
mostly botched by a poor loading on a cheap stainless reel. I bought
a Hewes reel (thanks to the recommendations on the LUG) and loading
problems magically went away. The second roll was very grainy and I'm
still not sure why. The third, from which this picture was chosen,
was better but still has more grain than some of the Tri-X I've seen
on the LUG. I plan to stick with Tri-X and D76 until I feel I'm
getting consistent results before trying some other films/soups. I
hope that if I can keep up with the PAW through the year, my
processing (not to mention composition and exposure) will improve.
- --

Will Ravenel
PAW Page: http://home.triad.rr.com/wrphotos

Replies: Reply from "Richard Ogden" <rj.ogden@virgin.net> ([Leica] Re: William Ravenel's PAW Wk 1)