Subject: fish as hooked - was RE: [Leica] re: tough as nails
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 21:24:33 -0500

Hi Kyle,

> austin sed:
>
> >I'd bet that if these two cameras were dropped from two stories onto a
> >cement sidewalk, the EOS would cease to exist, but the Leica
> would be able
> >to still take pictures...I'll even let you drop the EOS first...
>
> which has absolutely nothing to do with how good a camera either of them
> are or what kind of photos they take.

Of course, that is why that exchange was meant entirely "tongue in cheek".
I have no intention of dropping my Leica, and hence why I suggested my
opponent go first.

> >Another test, you put the EOS on a table, and give me one shot at it with
> >the M6.  If it is able to take a picture after, you win...
>
> i have a great idea -- lets do the same test with an m6 and a
> Brinks Nutron
> Star cabinet safe.

See, that's hyperbole...now you're getting it!

> if the safe turns out to be sturdier than the m6 we can
> all
> buy them, make pinhole cameras out of them and then run around saying
> how tough they are and how long they'll last.

I think that would be tough doing street work with one though...so I'll
pass, thanks.

> i'll wager too you're probably underestimating the EOS, i don't
> own one, but
> i'd guess they're sturdily constructed.

Yeah, but does it have a spike?  If not, my claim stands ;-)

Regards,

Austin