Subject: Re: [Leica] Was there Ever ...
From: Teresa299@aol.com
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 04:08:21 EST

In a message dated 1/8/02 10:13:59 PM, markc@binaryfaith.com writes:

<<

Hey Gerhard,

For the Ektacolor 160pro from Chile, go to
http://www.kodak.cl/CL/es/professional/color/peliculas/ektacolorPro160.shtml

As for tungsten print film, they (kodak/fuji) might not make it anymore..
The thinking is print papers are WAY more forgiving then Type R or
Ilfochrome papers.. So users can shoot indoors and have the photo printer
correct for the warm indoor tungsten light..

Let me tell you, never trust a one hour printer who tells you that they
can print your indoor pictures w/o a funny hue.. I used to work in 1 hour
labs and you are never guaranteed to get more then adequate results with
trying to correct.. Its kind of like trying to print b/w negs on color
paper... some of them look good, the low contrast ones look green and the
high contrast ones look sepia..

I suspect that since most people who aren't pros shoot their color print
film over a number of days wouldn't like tungsten balanced print film..
could you imagine the pictures from the pool? :) Everything Blue! They
would run to their lab and complain.. (heh.. been there, done that.. no
thank you! (some lady shot Ektachrome 64t thinking the t mean true color..
all outdoors at a family reunion.. it wasn't pretty) They would get 1/2 a
roll that looked good and the rest would suck.,. (more than they normally
would)

I think a lot of people shoot NPS/NPH and the kodak Ektapress films to get
closer to the proper color temp in wierd lighting conditions..

For me, Im sticking with Delta 400 and XTol.. :)

- -Mark >>

I'm coming in late on the thread, so forgive me if I'm missing the question.

Kodak makes a color, tungsten print film part of their portra series...
P-100T, comes in all sizes, from 135-35 up to 8x10.  (This replaced PRT in
1999).

Fuji's color, tungsten print film is NPL-160T.  This only comes in 120, 4x5
and 8x10.

I like NPL but if you're using a Leica you'll have to go with the Portra.

I think the market for these films are pro wedding photographers, but I like
them because I can use crappy clip on lights and get decent color print
results.

At 100 and 160 they can be a bit slow, but hey, that's what they make
noctiluxes for!

- -kim

Replies: Reply from "Gerhard Paulman" <gerhardp@inch.com> (Re: [Leica] Was there Ever ...)
Reply from "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@hfx.andara.com> (Re: [Leica] Was there Ever ...)